Some states choose to include board members as part of the performance review process. If your state includes board members, supervisors will find information on board member reviews within their own review of the agent. When a supervisor first opens an agent’s review, the review details appear. Among other items, this page lists: board members, links to board member reviews for the agent, and the board member review status (started, not started, or complete). If a board member has an email address listed, the supervisor can send a link to the review so that board members can enter reviews themselves. Alternatively, supervisors can enter reviews on behalf of a board member. The review details page includes a link to a printable review (that can be mailed to board members) and the links for each board member review (that the supervisor can uses to complete the review, if needed).
To email performance review links to board members, follow the steps below.
- From the PEARS homepage, hover the cursor over the Review menu and click Performance Reviews:
- The Performance Reviews list displays. If needed, filter the list to display additional agent reviews.
- Click the Send Board Member Emails button.
A confirmation message appears. Click Send.
An alert appears to verify that the emails have been sent. Click OK to return to the Performance Reviews list.
- Applicable board members will receive an email notifying them of the reviews and allowing them to access reviews.
- For board member(s) that do not have an email address listed, you may mail a paper copy of the performance review to their mailing address listed in PEARS. Once the board member(s) return the completed review, you can enter the responses into PEARS on their behalf. For more information on this process, see the article: Complete A Performance Review On Behalf of a Board Member.
✓ TIP: Emails will be sent to all board members assigned to the units of agents shown in the list. By default, your Performance Reviews list shows agents that you supervise in the current reporting year. Click the Filter button to filter for other agents.
✓ TIP: PEARS does not keep track of which board members have already received the performance review email. Emails will be sent each time the button is pressed to send emails. Please be careful not to send the performance review emails to the same board members multiple times.
✓ TIP: Sometimes board members do not receive the emails sent. If this happens, first ask the board member to check their spam folder. If the email is still missing, you can send the board member a link to complete their performance review. For steps to locate the individual link, see the article: Complete A Performance Review On Behalf of a Board Member.